Come Here

A family from Boston moved to eastern West Virginia, just across the Shenandoah Mountains. People like us are called "come-heres" but not to our faces.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Owl Tales

The owl I saw on Halloween has not re-appeared, or I have not been in the right place at the right time to spy him. But my aunt sent an owl tale from Massachusetts.

"I was digging under the pines making a big hole for a new shrub (dug up an abandoned drywell which made a really tough job) and as I straightened up,a large dark bird flapped out of the pine nearby --too many branches to get a clear view, but it was scary! Too big to be the resident sharpshinned hawk. Too big even to be a local red-tail. And the wing beat was so slow that I am thinking great horned owl, but I will never know. If I disappear entirely, remember this episode."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home