Come Here

A family from Boston moved to eastern West Virginia, just across the Shenandoah Mountains. People like us are called "come-heres" but not to our faces.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Bank Job

A big rainstorm pounded us yesterday, and the water that is not filtered is red and opaque. All three known leaks leaked, including the one I had just assured the landlord was completely water-tight since the painting-roofing job done in May.

Yesterday at Jim's place of employment for lunch, someone mentioned the "funny little bank" in Blue Grass, Virginia, a tiny town with a tiny bank. Later that day, it was robbed! I cannot say for sure, but I imagine that is very big news. Thankfully there is enough time in the news cycle for this story to appear in the next issue of The Recorder (Highland and Bath Counties) or even the Pendleton Times.

I include the bank's URL here because there's a beautiful hazy blue photo on the masthead. http://www.bluegrassvalleybank.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home