At-Home Mom
For the last week I have been an at-home mom and getting a kick out of it. I've been home alone with Glen while Jim was in India and Afghanistan.
More to the point, I've been at home because I don't trust the Chevy, with its ominous transmission noises. The clutch slipped twice in an intersection a week ago and ever since I haven't driven it anywhere.
Small routines loom larger when you don't leave the house and grounds. I check the temperature every morning when I get up and later make strategic decisions about whether the windows should be up or down. The house is well-insulated and stays cold long after the day warms up. I've fooled myself about the weather that way several times.
Today it's windows up even though it was 46 degrees at 7:30 am, which was 6:30 by the sun. By the time daylight savings time ends, I'll be getting up in the dark and glad enough to trade for early nightfall.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home