Moving the Screen House
The screen house was raised too late in the season, past the peak of heat, but the few times I used it, it was perfect, and I always felt the glow of having gotten it set up with just a little help. Still it was in the wrong place, too visible from the porch and not taking advantage of a vista you don't see from the porch - the pond and the hill on the south side of the farm.
Today I probably should have taken it down for the season, but instead I moved it to a little rise overlooking the pond. I'm hopeful that if I sit in there quietly in the later afternoon I'll see the deer walk out onto the meadow instead of suddenly appearing, like images flashed upon a screen. Sometimes, they come out of the gully between the main road and the house, but I think that just as often they come down the hill and across the brook from the other side.
The new site is surrounded by woodchuck holes and other unexplained dips and pitfalls. I hope I can navigate them safely.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home